Holistic DCIM for Data Centres
Data Centre and Facilities Managers are turning to DCIM (Data Centre Infrastructure Management) tools to introduce centralised visualisation, control and management of the entire Data Centre infrastructure. These tools monitor and report on building, mechanical, electrical and IT components and can help control costs, manage and plan usable capacity, track service levels and meet environmental,regulatory and compliance standards.
“TDB Fusion’s Federos-based Holistic DCIM provides the only independent platform for linking physical datacenter management systems to other systems”
Andy Lawrence, VP Research
TDB Fusion takes a different approach. Using a process driven framework, we work with DCIM toolset providers to integrate and automate data collection to provide a complete picture of the Data Centre and how it operates in the context of established business operations and working practices. Federos delivers unique benefits to Data Centres including:
- Bridges the gap between IT and Facilities to run the Data Centre at optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Presents all DCIM data in one intuitive, bidirectional, role-based Portal with context related drill downs, trending, alerts and alarms
- Integrates and systematically automates Data Centre and related business processes, such as deployment of assets, provisioning additional capacity, raising orders and bringing new applications on-line, using the systematic workflow capability
- Helps make better informed investment decisions and manage risk by using the analysis and ‘what if’ planning tools
- Enables a full audit trail and accountability for all actions, and enables service level measurement and opportunities for continuous process improvement
- Opens up the opportunity to integrate, automate and optimise other IT and operational applications, such as CRM, finance, purchasing
- Provides a platform to extend monitoring, control and planning to external cloud services.
The CIO of Global Cloud Xchange, talking about TDB Fusion’s Federos implementation said, “The data integration between multiple OSS systems was seamless, and the use of Federos to manage the data flows has reduced the complexity and hence the error counts and data duplication dramatically.” Read more about Global Xchange’s implementation of Federos.