Federos™ Unified Service Manager Product Suite extends support for ServiceNow, CA Service Desk, and Autotask Service Management
Federos is utilised by organisations to streamline operations, integrating information from IT, Network, Data Centre, and Cloud management systems to provide centralised automation and visualisation of vendor agnostic management systems. Existing users of Federos include a Tier 1 Bank, Fujitsu, GEO Networks, Global Cloud Xchange, and VIRTUS Data Centres.
Commenting on the announcement Colin Aurelius, TDB Fusion CEO, said, “We invested £1.25M in software development and Quality Assurance resources and infrastructure in 2016, and it is very exciting to see the results of that investment with this latest release. The Federos Roadmap, established by the newly formed Office of the CTO under Tony Duckett, benefits from a robust process focused on customer and market demands, alongside significant input from analyst groups including Gartner© and 451 Research Group© which are helping to guide the product strategy.”
The Federos 3.6 announcement delivers significant operational extensions and enhancements including:
- ServiceNow: The service management function has been integrated to provide an integrated dashboard with extended functionality to create service management incidents automatically, based on alerts from fault management systems, including EMC Smarts.
- CA Service Desk Module: This module integrates CA Service Desk enabling Federos users to view, search and manage CA Service Desk tickets directly from the Federos dashboard. Tickets can be viewed and updated directly from within Federos, allowing the full automation of tickets as part of a broader automated IT operations strategy.
- Autotask: Service Desk operation has been integrated to incident support ticket creation so it is updated directly from the Federos dashboard. Federos provides a full dynamic display of the incident status, which can be presented alongside broader data centre management information as part of a correlated incident management strategy.
- Federos Enhancements: As part of the regular product lifecycle roadmap process, Federos has been extended to provide integration, upgrades, extensions, and support for:
- Mardix IMS Module: providing a comprehensive view of all the resources across multiple data centres to provide correlated engineering data for operational management.
- Modules including HPNA, SevOne, EMC Smarts and NCM: updated to provide performance enhancements and extended operation with the addition of enhanced UI displays.
- Federos Automation Engine has been enriched to enable generic REST calls as part of a broader Aggregation as a Service strategy.
- Federos Reporting Engine enhancements: Federos reporting engine has been extended to enable users to publish and store reports from Federos for easy sharing and distribution across the organisation.
- DCIM Power Reporting has been introduced to provide comprehensive data centre analytics.